The standard and most important SQL Commands are:
Data Definition Language (DDL) Commands are:
Data Manipulation Language (DML) Commands are:
Data Control Language (DCL) Commands are:
SQL is a database computer language designed for the retrieval and management of data in relational database.
- SQL stands for Structured Query Language
- Lets you access and manipulate databases
SQL is the standard language for Relation Database System. All relational database management systems like MySQL, MS Access, Oracle, Sybase, Informix, postgres and SQL Server use SQL as standard database language.
What SQL do?
- Execute queries against a database
- Retrieve data from a database
- Insert records in a database
- Update records in a database
- Delete records from a database
- Create new tables in a database
- Set permissions on tables